Tuesday, June 8, 2010

I'm giving a Writing Workshop

I'm giving a half day writing workshop this coming Saturday (June 12th) in Heidelberg for SCBWI Germany.

"Rhythms of the Picture Book" is an intensive, hands on opportunity for writers and illustrators to learn the fundamentals of crafting picture books in a small workshop environment. (Maximum twelve participants.)

I'll cover the essential elements of picture books, typical and atypical narrative structures, page turns, plus writing and revising techniques including dummies and storyboards. The title of the workshop refers to the variety of contrapuntal rhythms which are found in the unique form of the picture book. The half day workshop, which is limited to twelve people, will be jam-packed with information, discussions, and exercises.

I'm looking forward to Saturday. It will be fun to discuss picture books with other writers in Heidelberg, a beautiful city.

Please contact me if you want more information.

No comments: